Slow Down
The inspiration for this blog came from the fact that I was going through a difficult time in life. It is in these moments of life for me, when things are most difficult, that I find myself always nearer to my Savior. I’m not sure whether it is me drawing closer to him because I need his support, or him drawing closer to me because he knows that I need the extra support. But, even in my best of times or worst of times my heart is filled with gratitude for my savior Jesus Christ! I am so lucky to have a personal relationship with him and have access to that comfort whenever I am in need!
And that is why I have felt inspired to begin sharing some of these special moments I have with my savior in my daily life. My greatest hope would be that in some way I am able to help someone else feel closer to him in their own lives.
A little about me, I was born and raised in Utah, and grew up in and am still a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am married and have a little boy who is still a Toddler, and he is the absolute best part of my days! I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse but have worked in many different healthcare settings. I love helping to bring life into this world on a regular basis and have found so much joy and purpose in those experiences. I am extremely close to my family, I consider them my best friends. These things in my life form the foundation of who I am. And while there is nothing extraordinary about me personally I hope that you will find something to take away from my jumbled thoughts and experiences that I hope to continue and share.
Besides the feeling that I should record my thoughts on this blog, I have had many thoughts swirling through my mind today. The greatest has been that I need to slow down. Enjoy the little moments just a little bit more. Take time to just be and let thoughts and inspiration come to my mind. And don’t rush into anything when things don’t go according to plan. Take that time to stop and contemplate and seek direction from the Lord. Let these hard moments change the direction of my life to the direction God would have me go.
As I have started to try to do these things, I have realized I have more of Christ in my life! More love, more patience, more happiness for myself and for my loved ones. So make the time! I had to delete Facebook and instagram because the constant scrolling temptation was more than I could resist, and I was wasting so much of my precious and fleeting time. I have learned and am still trying to implement that I use my time thoughtfully and with intention. Adjusting my life in such a way that even though not much has changed except my mindset and priorities, I feel that time is slowing down for me just a little bit! Let’s all slow down, doesn’t it just sound nice and relaxing?
If you made it to here thank you for reading, I know Christ loves you and is aware of you!
Comments
Post a Comment